Historically one of the oldest buildings in Victoria, the Leiser Building was originally built in 1896 by grocery wholesaler Simon Leiser. Located at Yates and Government Street, it once had the latest in technology for that time, from a 2 set track, complete with turntables that allowed freight to be loaded/unloaded in both directions to and from a large electrical powered freight elevator. It also have a ventilated cement floor basement, hot water heating and cigar smoking rooms. From the complete restoration in 2008, this heritage building comes now with a spacious courtyard, and offers the latest in modern amenities to residents wanting to live in the heart of downtown Victoria.
|Address:||524 Yates St|
|Type of Building:||Condo|
|Developer:||Lefevre & Co|
|Postal Code:||V9B 2W9|
|Amenities:||In the core of the city located near all amenities, such as: Pacific Design Academy, Pioneer Square, Fisgard Market, Il Terrazzo, Finn's Seafood, The Keg, Chimac Korean Pub, Bastion Square, Fiamo Pizza, El Furniture, Irish Times Bar, Nautical Nellies, MEC|